Is Your Gut Healthy?
What happens inside your gut can be a little complex to understand, but what if you get to know the microbes inside there are making it easier for you? Yes, there are around 40 trillion bacteria in your body, and most of them live inside your gut or intestines. Gut microbiota plays an important role in digestion and immune function. While there are bacteria working in favor of you, there can be instances where the food that you eat can totally transform them and turn them against you, and that’s why we need to take care of our gut health.
How can you actually ‘fertilize’ the good bacteria?
You must have heard about Probiotics. They are live bacteria that you consume through organic supplements or food items like fermented foods, yogurt, and some kinds of cheese. You’ll be amazed to know your body can actually fertilize these good bacteria, and all you need for that is some Prebiotics, generally whole grains and complex carbohydrates. This is because your food isn’t just your nutrition but food for a lot of bacteria living inside of you, so pick your plate carefully.
Here’s a list of some Probiotic and Prebiotic foods
Probiotic foods that are food for your gut
Pick the sugar free option and make sure to choose one with active or live cultures
This fermented milk drink is actually better than yogurt because even those who are lactose intolerant can enjoy it without any problems.
This fermented soya bean paste is easy to make and can even be served as a dip with your favorite food.
The cucumber pickle improves digestive health but makes sure you avoid those with vinegar because it kills the live bacteria.
This fermented dairy drink is low in calories and fats and is extremely soothing for your gut health.
Prebiotics for a healthy gut
Not just it helps with the growth of good bacteria but also prevents and kills bad bacteria.
These improves your digestive health and makes your immune system strong, include it in your salad, and enjoy.
Combination of fibers and antioxidants, it promotes good gut bacteria and can even prevent cancer, so now you know what you need to pick.
Green banana specifically can be really beneficial, rich in fibers. It can also debloat your stomach and promote healthy gut bacteria.
It helps to control appetite and that is the reason it helps in weight loss, rich in antioxidants, it promotes good gut health by promoting good bacteria.
Here are a few signs, that your guts need something good
Look out for these symptoms. It may be your gut speaking that it is not healthy
- Food allergies
- Excessive gas
- Mood swings and fatigue
- Depression and anxiety
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Abdominal pain
These signs could be indicating complex digestive tract issues, one of which is diverticulosis, which indicated swelling and infection in the digestive tract.
There are a number of essential oils for diverticulosis, but one needs to be aware that it shouldn’t be consumed but applied and that too while it’s mixed with some carrier oil.
- Peppermint oil- When applied, it can soothe the cramps and diarrhea, most common symptoms of this condition. It can treat the stomach ulcers if applied religiously for a few weeks.
- Chamomile oil- It is packed with anti-microbial properties and can be really effective in treating gastrointestinal issues, relax the intestine, and improve digestive health.
- Rosemary oil- Packed with antifungal properties, it is really effective to soothe the pain and aid in better intestinal health.
Here are five ways to improve your gut health
- Take your probiotics and have fermented food, cut off refined sugars, and carbohydrates from your diet and have a full fibre plate.
- Reduce stress and have enough sleep, practice yoga, and do some exercise regularly.
- Clean up your diet and dump that fried food.
- Drink wisely, avoid alcohol and sweet juices, switch to green juices, and drink plenty of spring water.
- Check for food intolerances and avoid them, plan your diet, and follow a healthy lifestyle.
There are a number of things that can either affect you positively or negatively, be wise, and choose the right way. There are various organic supplements to choose for your healthy lifestyle among them are lions mane mushroom in the UK, chlorophyll liquid drops and shilajit capsules.
Emylee is a wellness lifestyle writer. She loves sharing her thoughts and personal experiences related to natural remedies, yoga and fitness through her writing. She currently writes for How To Cure. She can connect with others experiencing health concerns and help them through their recovery journeys through natural remedies.